PAX Dev Session, Anyone Interested?

Hey all, so never one to pass up an opportunity to get onstage and pretend I know things, I signed up for PAX Dev, anyone interested in a Tech Art session of some sort? Could be something simple, but since supposedly it’s just going to be all devs, we could go crazy and do something in-depth too…

For sure dude! should be up that neck of the woods by then.

~B)

I was thinking maybe more talks along the lines of Steve Theodore’s Tech Art Bootcamp talk. It was technical, but also entertaining and not so in-depth as to lose people.

I’m working on getting out there; no confirmation yet. If I can make it I’d love to participate.

Awesome, i’m thinking of something along the lines of “Pipeline In A Box”, something like Tech Art Bootcamp Lite with a focus more on production tricks.

I’ll need to get permission, but maybe…

Hey Seth,

I’m actually in charge of the art track at PAXDev and tech art is obviously one of the big things I want to have included. Along those lines what you’re proposing is exactly what I’m thinking. Also some roundtables and I think it would be good to do a panel for people aspiring to be a tech artist. 20% of the tickets are allotted for students as well.

I’m going to throw out a broader post here - http://tech-artists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1666

So… I think we could do something on the more technical side here. It’s going to be a room of mostly working professionals and some students and frankly I’d love to see it focus more on in the trenches new tricks and approaches.

We should probably grab that beer we’ve been threatening to grab for a while now and have a good long chat about this. I’ll ping you offline about that :slight_smile:

-L

Outstanding News! I haven’t done much other than putting the initial feelers out, but I’ve gotten at least one other person, Jens from ArenaNet, who’s interested in doing a bootcamp session on shader dev for MMOs.

Send me an email: [email protected], or give me a call, i think you have my number.

I’d love that, but unfortunately I won’t be able to attend. Maybe post whatever materials you prepare here afterwards so we can do our homework…? :smiley: