[Release] Qt dark orange stylesheet

qt

Hi all, this is my first message here. Thanks for this beautiful stylesheet !
I try use the darkorange stylesheet in a python application, but it seems QMdiSubwindows are not styled :

Can I do something to solve this ?

Well you can add it into the stylesheet and give it some colors I guess =}
Just check the documentation it has examples on every single widget!

To be honest, I’m a complete newbie with Qt stylesheets :D:
I tried different parameters without success : buttons on the title bar always disappear when I change something.

Here is some unsuccessful try :

QMdiSubWindow:title{
    background: #404040;
   border: 2px solid 000000;
   border-radius:4px;
   titlebar-close-icon: url("images/down_arrow.png");
}

QMdiSubWindow:title::close-button{
    image: url("images/down_arrow.png"); 
    height: 40px; 

}

I can’t find ‘QMdiSubwindow’ in the stylesheet reference : http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/stylesheet-reference.html
Do I miss something ?

Never had any experience with QT style sheets other than switching them in 2011/201 Maya.

Is it possible to use this with Maya. Love the Tech_artists look and being a Foundry user, this just feels right to have Maya look like this too! :D:

Thanks!

Matt -

Sure ^^

from PyQt4 import QtGui

QtGui.QApplication.qApp.setStyleSheet(“content of style”) :stuck_out_tongue:

don’t forget to import the compiled (into *.py) resource xml for the two images I used :slight_smile:

Jromang I think I read somewhere that QMdiSubWindow doesn’t allow styling, yet! Maybe in a later version of Qt

This is really great, thanks for sharing! I have been wanting to create a dark stylesheet for awhile but just haven’t had the time.

I’m finding that the color of inactive tabs and radio/checkbox buttons is not styled correctly as it is in the Qt Designer preview. Any idea why this might be? This is on Python 2.5 and PyQt 4.4.3.

Are you sitting on mac? I had that issue as well. Don’t have a VM here so can’t test :frowning:

No, I am on Windows 7.

I tweaked the stylesheet to get something that works OK for me. I’m not sure if it is what you are going for, but here it is. I had to add a checkbox graphic to the resource file. All images are included in the zip.

<RCC>
  <qresource>
    <file>images/checkbox.png</file>
    <file alias="down_arrow.png">images/down_arrow.png</file>
    <file>images/handle.png</file>
  </qresource>
</RCC>

Looks perfect to me :slight_smile:
Mind if I update the one on the internet in case others get the same issue by downloading the one I provided?

Mind if I update the one on the internet in case others get the same issue by downloading the one I provided?

Sure! Just fyi, I removed the widget “focus” orange border since I didn’t need it for my application, and instead used that border style as “hover” for buttons and combo boxes.

I added a few more tweaks today to the tabs and menu items. Here’s the latest.

Imba!

I’ll update the one I have online now :slight_smile:

Thanks man I appreciate it =}

Hey I just tested the stylesheet you provided, my tabs doesn’t look like that, alot of spaces inbetween and the gradient is alot different :frowning:

Anyway seems like people have problems I don’t, and I have problems you guys don’t. Not sure if it’s versioning differences or anything else.

The tabs doesn’t have support for vertical layout aka :left :right, it only looks good on :top and :bottom so I’ll go ahead and add it :slight_smile:

Hey guys, thanks for the hints through this thread. I made a new script called MayaStylin’ which applies a Qt style sheet to all of Maya’s UI. There’s a dark theme (based on the one here but taken way further) and a light theme. It has multiple colour options. I made it part of my Graph Editor Redux tool but the script can be incorporated into other tools as well.

[http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/downloads/scripts-plugins/animation/c/mayastylin-graph-editor-redux-digital-pose-test--2

](http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/downloads/scripts-plugins/animation/c/mayastylin-graph-editor-redux-digital-pose-test--2)

Hi,
Thanks for sharing this nice style !

Anyway, I’ve download images, stylesheet, done the xml file, compiled it into py with pyrcc4 , but now how can I have it used in some of my pyqt UIs ? Never played with qt style so I know nothing about this.

just wrap the entire stylesheet in a python multiline comment: qss = “”" content of stylesheet file “”"

Then you can do app.setStyleSheet( qss )

You might also want to do app.setStyle(“plastique”)

or alternatively,yoo can create a separate qss file, read its text in as the string and have some sharing ability. you could also create a py file with the style and script that you can just import and run a oneliner (its what we have at work)

wow ! many thanks ! simple, and works like a charm !!

happy xmas everyone :cool:

Hello everyone,

Sorry but I did’nt understand few points on dgovil’s msg, and it seems to be a strong technique so :

[QUOTE=dgovil;19521]some sharing ability. [/QUOTE] (just put the qss on a network ? or is it a feature inside the file ?)

[QUOTE=dgovil;19521] you could also create a py file with the style and script that you can just import and run a oneliner [/QUOTE] Is this python importing the qss file above ? or do I missed the train …