TA Portfolio Review

So confusing having someone with the same name AND the same job title :slight_smile:

About your portfolio: I think you should put your resumé in html aswell, so someone can quickly check it online, and if they’d like to print or save it, they grab it in pdf format.

I’ve narrowed down my content to 4 pieces. Thoughts on this?

Also, would anyone like to comment on the content for the pieces?

1. Make the title of your site have your name. This is a minor convenience thing, instead of ‘The Portfolio Website of Technical Artist Shawn Kirsch’, make it ‘Shawn Kirsch’s Tech Art Portfolio Website’. The more people see your name in their browser tab, the better.
  2. Offer multiple versions of your resume for download. I always prefer having an html version, people will be more likely to click if they don’t have to DL anything.
  3. Your vertex morph shader is very cool, but it needs better art to show it off. The tech is there, don’t drop it on the demo!
  4. I love how everything is in videos.
  5. I don’t like how many blocks of text there are. Break some of it up into bullet points and lists so I can get an idea of what it consists of without investing a good portion of my life reading that novel.

Things are really much improved. Add more videos where you can (wxPython solution, visual debugger), and replace those blocks of texts with bullet points where possible. Also, I’d really continue to work on new content (especially scripts and tools), it is a bit light right now still.