Looking for another Tech Artist to fill our ranks! Entry level and generalists welcome.
Located literally across the street from the Burlingame Caltrain station.
PLAYSTUDIOS, Inc is a developer of engaging casual games for the world’s largest social and mobile platforms. Founded by a team of experienced gaming and technology entrepreneurs, PLAYSTUDIOS’ first free-to-play application, myVEGAS, combines the best elements of popular social games with established gambling mechanics. Players enjoy an ever-growing collection of slot and table games and the opportunity to earn an unprecedented selection of valuable, real-world rewards. In creating myVEGAS, PLAYSTUDIOS has partnered with MGM Resorts International and its portfolio of the most recognized resorts in the industry, including Bellagio, ARIA, Vdara, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, Monte Carlo, New York-New York, Luxor, Excalibur and Circus Circus. More recently, PLAYSTUDIOS has launched two more free-to-play applications, Konami and Pop! Slots, built upon the same real-world rewards platform and have both enjoyed great success in the market.
As we expand our portfolio of free-to-play apps, we're looking for a motivated and ambitious Technical Artist to join our rapidly growing studio. At PLAYSTUDIOS we encourage a culture in which we’re always learning about our products, our customers & our industry. As a Technical Artist, you are full of curiosity and have a blend of technical skill and artistic intuition. In close collaboration with the creative, product and engineering teams, you will bridge the gap between content/creative and engineering to make the game come alive. You have a direct impact on the performance of our game, and your work product will be quickly visible, tested and validated.
Integrating creative assets (art, sound, effects) into a game without sacrificing the artistic vision or exceeding the platform’s technical limits
Acting as a bridge between the creative and engineering teams
Helping the creative team diagnose and solve technical problems so they can realize their artistic vision
Investigating new techniques and best practices, then documenting them, implementing them and training the team
Using tools and scripts as necessary to optimize workflow so that each discipline can focus on their core contribution
Optimize content for memory and performance gains while maintaining our high standards for user experience
Contribute to technical solutions and pipeline design for the production and delivery of art assets, to help maximize our technology
You will have responsibility for smooth pipeline for designs and assets incorporating significant amounts of 2-D and occasionally 3D elements. The position requires some knowledge and experience of visual effects, scripting and computer graphics processes.
* At least 1+ year experience in a comparable position/industry or a strong academic track-record and portfolio
* Strong technical background and a positive, curious attitude
* Experience in game/mobile game development pipelines
* Have a passion for games and a healthy respect for our players
* Able to communicate and coordinate between technical and creative teams
* An interest in and aptitude for optimizing assets for narrow-bandwidth or low-performance environments
* Knowledge of current production technologies and their relevant application – Adobe Creative Suite a must.
* Additional skills such as 3-D (Maya, Modo or Zbrush) and VFX a plus
* Energetic, proactive with great communication skills
* Detail-oriented and efficient, high self-motivation and initiative
* Organized, flexible, hardworking and detail-oriented
* Hands-on approach with their work
* Previous experience with games a plus
* Ability to write scripts for the various tools involved in the art-to-game pipeline a big plus
* Working knowledge of Unity 3D a major plus
Benefits & Perks:
* 100% Health Benefits coverage for you and your dependents!
* Open, creative office space with inviting outdoor patios
* Three fully-stocked kitchens and large communal dining areas
* Catered lunches throughout the week
* Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building events throughout the year
* Ping pong table and game room
* Commuter Benefits program
* Cell phone plan discounts
* Flexible vacation policy
* Location location location! Right across from CalTrain and vibrant Downtown Burlingame
* Free parking, and lots of it
A great place to work! Come by to find out for yourself!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a world-class team and bring our exciting games to even more fans worldwide.