Apply through link: https://www.digitalfish.com/company/careers/208-technical-artist-shader-artist
Technical Artist - Shader Artist
Engineering | Mountain View, CA
DigitalFish has an immediate need for a Technical Artist - Shader Artist with significant professional 3D film or games production experience.
You will begin by working with Google Spotlight Stories, an Oscar-nominated team of artists and technologists making immersive stories for mobile 360, mobile VR and room-scale VR headsets. Joining the “Justice League for animators,” you will be building the innovative technology that makes it possible. Initially you will be located on Google’s main campus in Mountain View, with your permanent DigitalFish office located in San Mateo.
Some of our other partners include Oculus Story Studio, Pixar, DreamWorks, LEGO and NASA, and you can expect to intersect with these other projects over time.
Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years relevant production work experience, but if you think you’re right for this position, contact us; we’ll listen.
- Author lighting, post-process, and material effect shaders for production
- Work with directors to capture the vision of the concept art
- Develop new techniques to represent non-photorealistic styles
- Optimize shaders to run on multiple platforms
- Prototype content showcasing new graphics features
- Guide development of shader authoring tools
- Advocate for platform changes that allow the team to advance the state-of-the-art
- Coordinate cross-discipline efforts to advance the state-of-the-art and innovate
- Document shading libraries, tools and common practices for future productions
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 3 years production work experience in games or film
- Proficient use of GLSL, HLSL or similar shading language
- Adept knowledge of linear algebra and analytic geometry math concepts
- Familiarity with real-time graphics methods and constraints
- Experience with agile development practices, source control, QA processes
- Distributed team development experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills to work with multi-functional teams
- Proof of work eligibility to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary plus equity per qualifications
- Full benefits with excellent health plan
- Ability to influence product and features in a cutting edge technology
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
Initially you will be located at Google in Mountain View, CA, with your permanent DigitalFish office located in San Mateo.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are hiring immediately.