UE4 VFX - Conjuring the Destroyer

Hey guys! I concepted an effect that I plan to create in Unreal Engine 4. This effect involved an abandoned platform (probably found on an isolated chasm), which has the ability to summon a dragon/dragon ability. Once activated, the platform will beat 3 times. Right before the third beat, energy will be drawn towards the center, releasing a beam from the center. At the peak of the beam, a dragon-like figure will burst outwards, completing the summon. The aftermath will be a broken platform, with a gaping whole that no one will dare look into.

The one thing that will be a big challenge for me will be the smokey figure. I’m planning to model a dragon’s head, neck and wings in order to emit smoke and fire from it within FumeFX.

I know this forum isn’t as populated but I feel the need to post here just in case. Feedback and critiques will always be welcome. Wish me luck!

The concept looks nice and solid, Imo the Dragon part will be the tricky part. I believe spawning some particles from a Geometry with a dragon shape might be a good step forward.
Update us on your progress looking forward to it.

Hey guys, I thought I’d bring this one back from the grave. I’ve managed to finish my first iteration of it. I definitely deviated some things from the concept but hopefully, it communicates well to viewer. Let me know what you guys think!

//youtu.be/qzng7Puc_Sk

is someone smashing a big fist on the ground? thats what i feel.
The lava cracks are cool too. :slight_smile:

Looks like he got zapped by a blaster at the end.

Has a world of warcraft (but better) look to it.

[QUOTE=rouncer;29167]is someone smashing a big fist on the ground? thats what i feel.
The lava cracks are cool too. :slight_smile:

Looks like he got zapped by a blaster at the end.

Has a world of warcraft (but better) look to it.[/QUOTE]

Glad you’re liking it so far! I’ll be posting another update on this effect, which I think will be a huge improvement from this one.

Ok folks, here is an update on the effect. I added some tertiary colors of pinks and purples to give a more magical feel, as well as convey some more color variety. I added some more elements to the initial explosion and made a few tweaks to the timing. Got rid of the camera shake to focus on the effect more.

//youtu.be/0jWqHbiNp5U

[QUOTE=Jimster092;29206]Ok folks, here is an update on the effect. I added some tertiary colors of pinks and purples to give a more magical feel, as well as convey some more color variety. I added some more elements to the initial explosion and made a few tweaks to the timing. Got rid of the camera shake to focus on the effect more.

//youtu.be/0jWqHbiNp5U
[/QUOTE]

Awsome work bro :slight_smile:

Thanks parag!
Here is my third iteration on this effect. I gotta say, that I really like the difference from just last iteration. I feel the colors are nice and harmonized. I made some changes of some elements to be less chaotic. Hopefully I didn’t over do it. I’m hoping to be on the final stretch of this effect. Hope ya like it!

//youtu.be/rVMrNv81XGc

awesome! Makes me want to try and make something off your concept :slight_smile:

like the added purple. I always believed purple comes next into the red and yellow mood.

Hey guys, glad you like the progress. It’s been awhile I haven’t been happy with how its turning out conceptively. So, I made another iteration to try and hone in on the theme of a dragon spell/effect based on some feedback I received.

//youtu.be/i-ZmoK9JggU

I finally got a chance to go over the iteration in 2D and this is what I am looking to accomplish through the awesome feedback that i received. I chose to piggy back off the idea of the egg-orb that anticipates the explosion with collecting energy. For the end transition, I’m going to play with the either dissolving the dragon away or having the dragon perform a material transition to an actual dragon (i’m leaning towards an actual dissolve).

Here’s another update on this effect: I added some flames to pair off with the wings and extended the timing on the dragon phase to give the climax some more screen time.

//youtu.be/nTDZlP89hWg

Here’s the finished product. It took many iterations but it’s to a point that can call it finished. Thanks for the feedback everyone!
//youtu.be/0geTjprjqIM