VFX Roundtables @ GDC 2012

Hey all,

I was curious if those who were able to attend the VFX Roundtables at GDC this year would be interested in sharing some of the general themes that arose during discussion for those of us that couldn’t make it to GDC.

Thanks!
– Jeremy

I’ll be posting my notes soon, I don’t remember how diligent I was in the note taking during the vfx stuff, but I’ll let you know what I have :slight_smile:

I think it would be awesome if we audio bootleg-recorded future TA-type roundtables, since GDC does not record them.

I’ll be writing up my notes tonight hopefully and will definitely post them here. Unfortunately they’re not going to be very detailed - I only tracked general topics of conversation.

EDIT: Here they are

This would be fantastic. I doubt I’ll ever get sent to GDC so being able to hear the round table and see presentations like Drews Double Fine (so fine) tools talk, the Killzone 3 presentation is invaluable.

I’m looking forward to any kind of re-cap or notes attendees share. It seemed like there were some great VFX talks at GDC this year. Our peculiar skill-sets are finally starting to be respected and required in games! (the production people are catching on - a simple ambient smoke sprite drifting through an environment makes all the difference in the world!)

Ok - finally got my Visual Effects Roundtable summary written up. We talked about quite a bit more than I was able to summarize - I didn’t take enough notes! Still, should provide some insight into the conversation for those who couldn’t attend.

Awesome! Thank you!

Speaking as a CA this year, they said in our orientation that people can make whatever audio recordings they want, so long as they don’t interfere with anyone else’s experience. So, barring any change in policy next year, this is completely legit.

thnx for the thread man… I also missed this event…