After seeing Dougs video earlier today I decided to spend the evening really exploring the possibilities of shaderbased particles.
I was amazed at the results I got, and how quick I got them! :eek: Previously I have only used uv distortion and the like to add a bit of extra detail. Mostly because the option to use it properly never existed at the company I worked for and because I was under the impression that it was crazy expensive.
By utilizing all channels of the textures and basing the motion of the distortion I managed to get a campfire, with smoke, embers and camera flare going with just two textures. And looking way better than my goto texturesheets.
I’m falling for shaders all over again. Some sleep and then I’m diving back in to the procedural goodness!:D: