Z-Brush for FX Artists?

Hey everyone, I just wanted to get some opinions on this. How many of you FX guys use Z-Brush (or any other 3D sculpting app) anywhere in your FX workflow? If so, how often? And for what tasks?

I don’t use it at all (no license for it at work either) for FX work. Could see it being handy for certain types of destroyed objects, but I’ve gotten by with photo-reference and photoshop normal map filters.

not that I know of. But I’d be interested to hear about anyone using it, and what it’s being used for.

I don’t use it and I don’t know anyone who does. Photos and crazybump usually does the trick for us.

Handy for making normal maps for things like bullet holes and damage decals I would think.

But no, I don’t have a license at work either. Even though I’m technically an environment artist.

Thanks for all the responses, guys. And that’s what I was thinking–using it primarily for cool normal map stuff.

Feng eldest Replica Watches brother, you isn’t legendary that the low key bitterness fix, continuously vagabond the bitterness on the mainland fix?"
“The bitterness fixs?“Luo Feng inching one Zheng, immediately nod, say with smile” is regarded as.”
The Na is thousand times excited"I hear that the bitterness fixs it’s all very low-key and Replica Breitling Watches severe, they are from a world to another world and continuously drift on water, their knowledge very wide, have ever been to a lot of miraculous places.For example what blood evil sea, forbid area mountain range, ancient absolute being to discard the Kang Zhao etc. place, do you beg for?"
The at present youth is worshiped a look in the eyes to see himself/herself with the desire, ask oneself have ever been to which
places ha Breitling Watches For Sale ve no.

Yeah same here. Photoshop & Crazybump is generally enough unless we’re doing some bonkers destructibles, but then the asset guys would normally get involved.

Hi, I actually do use ZBrush for hair styling, it’s fast and efficient.
Then just export curves for maya and you are ready for simulation.

Seems overkill.
Whatever bumps you need to do on your FX sprites you can do with nDo