Introductions

Hello everyone!
My name is Emil Claeson and i recently started my third year at the University of Skövde, Computer development - graphics (Sweden).
My goal is to become a technical animator/artist and i’m currently working on an automated rig script (see showreel) on my spare time along with a variety of assignments from school.
I just put together a showreel hoping to get an internship to complete my upcoming thesis. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMsxP0crqlQ&feature=share Please comment.

Thanks for an awesome forum !
/Emil Claeson

Hullo! My name’s Chris Lewis. Another Ringling-er here (and lurker for about a year), I probably spend more time helping other students than I do on my own work. As many have said, this forum is all kinds of awesome and it looks like it’s only getting better. Nice meeting you all!

My firm, Loyal Source, has an engagement with EA sports to provide Technical Artist support for the next six months. They are requiring that all of our team members have C++ experience along with five years of experience as a Technical Artist. Please let me know if you know anyone that would like to come to Orlando, FL to work on a project at EA Sports. You will have the opportunity to work on the Madden, NBA, MMA, and Tiger Woods game depending on the work load. Please let me know if anyone knows someone who would be a good fit. I can be contacted at [email protected] or 407-306-8441. Thanks all.

Hi everyone! I’m a newbie here as well and hope to be a good participant and follower of this forum. A friend told me that it’s really interesting to be part of this site that’s why I signed up and I’m looking forward to be active in this forum particularly in some topics that interests me most. Thanks. Hope I’m welcome!

Enter to win an awesome prize pack from Jason Michael Carroll including 2 tickets to see JMC in any of the

selected 10 cities,tory burch flip flops a chance to meet JMC at the show, and

a pair of JMC customized boots from Lucchese all courtesy of Lucchese Boots & JasonMichaelCarroll.com!

Best of luck winning all these amazing, one-of-a-kind prizes,tory burch flats

and if you don’t win, be sure to check Jason Michael Carroll on tour with Brooks & Dunn and Alan Jackson! Click

HERE for all his upcoming tour dates!

Winners will be drawn THREE (3) days before each show starting on September 21st, tory burch sandals2007 & the winners will be contacted via phone to make arrangements for the show & the

boots, so please make sure your phone number is correct.

Hi there everyone, I am Rainsing Tsai, former employee of Ubisoft Shanghai, now working for a small start-up studio based in Beijing, China.

I mainly worked as a tool and engine programmer in the past, but TA has been my dream job for a long time :slight_smile:

You dream of receiving a lower salary, getting less recognition, and having everything blamed on you?!

Welcome to TAO :wink:

well if he comes from tools programming he should already be used to the recognition and blame parts =D

Hello everyone!

My name is Raveen Rajadorai. I’m from Malaysia and currently work as a freelance artist.

I’ve been lurking the forums for a while and finally decided to sign up and start posting. :slight_smile:

Technical art has always been something I’ve been interested in and inclined towards. It’s only in the last couple of years that I’ve really started to get into it. I’m still trying to find work in a studio since I graduated, I haven’t had much luck though, my inexperience is a hurdle. I’m trying to improve my skillset to get over that hurdle. Hopefully it’ll happen someday soon! :slight_smile:

Most of my work is up on my youtube channel which you can view here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AdmiralRa

Have a great day!

[QUOTE=Rob Galanakis;12881]You dream of receiving a lower salary, getting less recognition, and having everything blamed on you?!

Welcome to TAO ;)[/QUOTE]

haha. this cracked me up. Been fighting that lack of recognition thing a lot lately myself.

Hi guys,

I am new to this site. i would like to share some information about me with you.
I am working as software devolving engineer in UK. I am not having much time to enjoy with friends like you.

Hi, My name is Iliya and I’m from Bulgaria. I’m currently a student and I use Maya for Rigging and Animation. I’m very happy that I found this forum with people from the film and game industry, sharing their experience and new ideas. I hope that someday I’ll be able to help with a piece of advice or anything else.

[QUOTE=rainsing;12880]Hi there everyone, I am Rainsing Tsai, former employee of Ubisoft Shanghai, now working for a small start-up studio based in Beijing, China.

I mainly worked as a tool and engine programmer in the past, but TA has been my dream job for a long time :-)[/QUOTE]

Welcome! China needs more TA’s!

P.S. also say Hi to my friends Mike and Jeff :slight_smile:

Hello, my name is Christopher Emerson, I am a 3D Artist that over the years has discovered I also have a mind for tech art. You may not know me, but depending on where you work, there is a chance you could already be familiar with what I do. I am the developer of RetopoG, a new retopology solution for Maya currently nearing the end of Beta testing. Not working anywhere at the moment, but am eager for the next opportunity.

Very happy to join the community of talented tech artists here!

Hello everyone,

I am Tyler Crocker and am currently on my last semester at Champlain College before I get out into the industry. I like to write scripts, animate, and rig but need a lot of help learning industry tricks and expect I could find some here as well as try and give some.

-Tyler

Hiya! My name is Jami J.

I’m a graduate student at the Guildhall at SMU (Graduating in May!!). I started school for environment art…and realized along the way that I like writing scripts, rigging, and animation way more :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Can’t wait to get into the industry soon, and hope to see some of you at GDC this March!

My twitter!

Hi Everyone.

I’m an environment artists trying to learn the technical side of things :slight_smile: I’m glad to discover this forum, nice to meet you all.

Hello everyone, my name is Eric Musser and I’m currently a Senior at Michigan State University studying Media Arts and Technology with a Specialization in Game Design. I will graduate in May and am looking to get into the games industry. I was hoping to get into the industry as a Technical Artist as that is the role I’m most interested in filling. It took me a while to figure this out so I have a lot of work to do build up my skill set. Wish me luck!

Look forward to meeting everyone!

Just realized I haven’t posted here before. I have been lurking for quite a while so I might as well introduce myself.

I am a swede currently residing in England working as a Senior VFX Artist. I have slight attraction to technical stuff like light scripting and shaderwriting, but not enough to take the step and become a TA just now. However a lot of my work overlaps with a TA anyway so this forum is a goldmine for information.

Hopefully my lurking days are over and I’ll start posting more.

Hello everybody, my name is James Kyle and I’m a MProf. Games Development student at the University of Abertay in Scotland. I’m looking to become a tech animator once I graduate having found in my first semester that I quite enjoy rigging. I’m eager to get my hands dirty with the scripting side of things too.