The Pipeline Lighting TD will work with the Pipeline and Lighting departments in the development and maintenance of the Lighting tools as well as perform floor support for technical issues. This person will assist in the Lead role on a short-term basis in the event of an absence or production needs require it. They will also participate in team meetings when necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Partner with the Lead Pipeline Lighting TD to maintain, test and improve existing tools.
● Assist with RnD for new techniques and/or plug-ins for future workflows and tools.
● Assist Lighting Department with shot specific technical issues.
Education & Experience:
● 2+ years experience in a similar position for feature animation and/or vfx production.
● Proficiency in Maya. Katana a bonus.
● Proficiency in Arnold and/or RenderMan.
● Strong understanding of modern lighting and rendering techniques.
● BC residents preferred, but not required.
Skills & Abilities:
● Strong aptitude for technical workflow.
● Python scripting.
● Strong problem-solving skills.
● Knowledge of Maya API/commands a plus
● Knowledge of Qt and its extension within PySide/PyQt.
● An understanding of source control, with experience of git.
● Understanding of how render engines and lighting packages translate scenes, and how this
affects artists, tools and workflow.
● Experience with Shotgun a plus.
● Ability to troubleshoot and deal with competing priorities.
● Ability to communicate with and understand the requirements of the Lighting department.
● Excellent time management skills and capacity to take direction.