Destruction

They aren’t trolls- they’re bots, sometimes human spammers, usually (I just removed the offending post). However believe it or not there are legitimate members who you probably couldn’t tell from spammers, either by content, profile, or IP. I know because I’m PMed them asking, or watched their posts unfold over time. So rather than risk banning or upsetting a legitimate member, I usually delete the post and don’t ban unless I’m sure- and sometimes leave the post if it’s constructive. A single bad experience can turn off a person and her friends from the site (I once had someone tell me he didn’t visit the site because he posted something once and no one responded to what he thought was a great discovery), but thinking about it some more, I should probably delete it if questionable especially if it starts to give the appearance of an unkept yard.

Also this is in the VFX forum, which I don’t visit as frequently- we can appoint some moderators to police the threads here specifically.

Ah, yeah that makes sense. I was just surprised since this forum has, from my point of view, always seemed troll free :slight_smile:

Perhaps you are right, crack the whip on Drew and make him recruit more peons! :wink: