GDC Meetup, who's in?

It’s the annual Game Developers Conference.
http://www.gdconf.com/

Headed down to the bay in a few wks (weekend of the 22nd) to suss out a location, anyone else maybe in? If you think you’ll be going at all, even slight chance, let me know, I would rather book a larger than necessary space. Thanks!

I’m still trying to find a way to afford the trip, but hopefully I’ll be down there!

I’m in, and I am taking one of my leads so he’s in too ;p

I am going to strongly suggest to my pipeline counterparts that they attend the bootcamp for TAs.

We surely need some more understanding about TA roles around here ;p

Would appear I’ll be heading down this year as well. Rob and Seth get 20 minutes of Max/Maya bitching over a beer.

For BOTH applications?

Haha Adam yes for BOTH. Last time we filled an entire lunch just on Maya :wink:

Any ideas what day the meetup is going to be?

Looking like Thursday, get started a little early so people can hit parties afterwards. Or maybe we could group crash one, whatev.

Sounds like I may be going now. Still waiting for the final decision… but hopefully. Would be fun.

Don’t know which days Avalanche are planing to be there yet either.

I’ll be at GDC this year. Hope to see everyone around the show. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Wolfsong;8741]Sounds like I may be going now. Still waiting for the final decision… but hopefully. Would be fun.

Don’t know which days Avalanche are planing to be there yet either.[/QUOTE]
Looks like all week. :slight_smile:

Just as well when flying over from Sweden.

Schedule times are up for wed - fri.

“Technical Artist Roundtable” and “An Automatied Pipeline for Generating Run-Time Rigs” are scheduled at the same time. DOH!

Aw rats, looks like my session is in that time slot also. :stuck_out_tongue: I was really looking forward to attending Adam’s talk since Adam was inspired by a couple of comments that Tim and I made in our round table last year. And missing the round table will also be bad. Seems they’re determined to divide the TAs up that hour.

Doh

Oh well, it will still be nice to see all 3 of you who show up :smiley:

I won’t be there, but if anyone is going to the fast-face-rigging talk in relation to unreal it would be great to get a brief (or detailed) overview of the techniques used.

I won’t be there this year (after only 2 years of attendance), but I live in the city now and would like to attend the meet-up if I can! :slight_smile:

well, due to the new job, I looks like i’m not going to be able to make it…I was really looking forward to this too. Next year…

Just found out that I’m am being sent to GDC this year, I’ll be there for the whole week - looking forward to tech artist boot camp!

There is another GDC 2011 discussion thread going on here: http://tech-artists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1359

The consensus is for a meet up on the Wednesday evening.