How to get back original account?

How do I get my original account back. Since this site changed, I can’t log in to my usual account. I just signed up with a temp account to ask this. Over the past 6 months I’ve sent numerous emails to the site admins to get some help. No one ever responds. Ever. How do you get help?

We’ve never gotten any emails from you. PM me with the details of the old account

Thanks for the reply. I looked for how to send a PM but can’t find it anywhere. So how do you do that?

Click on the user’s name, and then the message button.

I figured there should be something like that. But nothing shows up as that kind of option.

You don’t see something like this when you click on @theodox’s name?

I wonder if it’s some kind of user-level permissions thing.

Yeah, looks like you need to be at least a basic user to send private messages. Can’t remember what the rules are for hitting basic though.

No I do not see that. Kind of obvious otherwise this wouldn’t be an issue. This is pretty funny to have so many roadblocks to get my account back.

btw, I have send multiple emails to the email addresses listed as the mod address of this site. Does no one read those?

So while this is a total pain. By default the way to get up to a basic user is:

They can get to trust level 1 by…

• entering at least 5 topics
  • reading at least 30 posts
  • spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

At that point the restriction on private messages should vanish.
I think entering just means clicking on, not actually creating new ones.

Wish I could do more to help.

If the mods are really interested in helping me out, they will make it so I can contact them.

Still waiting…

Hi @temp1 , sorry for delay… I have instated you as a basic user, are you able to PM me the email addresses you used. There maybe a technical issue that we need to resolve. Administration emails are send a number of admins and we have not received any to my knowledge.

Cheers,
Rob.

I have located your original account @temp1, is your email still correct?

I sent him a passwod reset friday

Thanks. I now see the “Message” link. I have sent Butters a PM as requested.

@temp1 is all sorted now and his original account is back in action. :grinning: