Introductions

I just found out about this site and was happy to see that it was all ready growing nicely.

I am currently doing motioncapture and character related consulting work along with a few other things some what related. I have also authored a character rigging book a while back and have done a few Masterclasses for Autodesk. Worked on alpha and beta versions of MotionBuilder and Maya for the last 6 years or so and also have been working In 3ds Max for just about as long.

I hope to see some of you guys around town and look forward to some good sharing of ideas here on the board.
Any one that wants to know more about me, you can check my linked-in page

http://www.linkedin.com/in/bclarkcghar

Later,
Brad

Hi all!
I’m a selfthought game artist working at a gamecompany in Sweden. I’m happy that I found this forum, somewhere I can ask all those silly question that your suppost to know as a game artist :smiley:

I hope to learn alot from you guys and maybe some day even contribute with some knowledge myself.

Hey Everyone,

I’m Christian Beaumont and I work at Digini on our engine.

I’m not a TA but a programmer so maybe I’ll get banned from the site immediately. Luckily I’m friends with RobG though so maybe he’ll cut me some slack.

Anyway, it seems like a great forum and I’ll try to stop by and read it as much as I can. It’s important to me to try and understand art issues and keep up with the current standards for workflow in the asset pipeline so it’s super cool to have this site that allows me to peer into your world.

If anyone is going to Gamefest next week stop by our booth and say hi :slight_smile:

cheers,
-chris

Hello Gentlemen,

I’m Jonathan Cooper, Lead Animator on Deus Ex 3 at Eidos Montreal. Before that I was Lead Animator on Mass Effect at BioWare.

Despite being a lead, I have something of a real technical leaning and am heavily involved in designing rigs, pipelines and most of all ingame animation systems.

I look forward to sharing as much as I can. It’s about bloody time there was a game-heavy place like this to talk - bravo!

Hiya,

My name is Andrew and I am the lead environment artist at Ubisoft Reflections.
I am currently working my way through Ben’s HLSL Shader Creation DVD, having never done any programming before I am taking my time!

Really great site so far, looking forward to helping when I can and asking questions when confused.

Welcome Turnip Head - I mean Andrew! :): I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying my DVD. Feel free to email me with questions if anything isn’t clear.

[QUOTE=alsoran;592]Hello Gentlemen,

I’m Jonathan Cooper, [/QUOTE]

Ok this site is ruined for me now that the AssLoran has joined.

hehe. welcome Mr Cooper. Your Blog is fun as always.

-Kees

Come on - who let the Dutchman in?

Hey Kees, I pointed out the similarities to Puppetshop in a recent meeting with Softimage regarding their internal development on CAT and a hush fell over the room.

Yours is a dark name around those parts…

Lol, yea they hate Puppetshop. If it was up to them, it would not exist (they’ve tried).

:slight_smile:

I’m the Lead Technical Artist (actually the only technical artist) at Ubisoft Reflections.

I do lots of Maxscript, HLSL and, increasingly, Python. There’s also some Turnip harvesting :wink:

I’m new to the industry, focusing on environment art, but I also love working with shaders (not programming, but good node-based material editors, seeing what I can achieve from an artistic side). I love to create 3d art, both models and texures, but always eagerly wait to see them in-engine. :nod:

Just hear to learn.

Was that a reference to Harvest Moon, Andreas? xD

Hi all,

Happy to see a forum dedicated to Technical Art,
and feel proud when my producers tell me that Technical Artists are very rare breed, Having Eye of an Artist and Brain of an Engineer is unusual,

I am Vishang Shah, Technical Artist at Electronic Arts - Singapore,

I write MEL and Python scripts mainly, and solve Technical(mostly Maya Related) and Pipeline issues,

:):

@xantos12:

I think he was referring to the relationship he has with his co-worker - alias Mr Turnip Head.

:):

[QUOTE=bcloward;655]@xantos12:

I think he was referring to the relationship he has with his co-worker - alias Mr Turnip Head.

:):[/QUOTE]

You’re right.
Drea has a great time working with me, he enjoys fixing the things I manage to break! :nod:

[QUOTE=Jeff Hanna;259]Hey hey, the gang’s all here!
Anyone seen Light or Graham from Bioware yet?[/QUOTE]

… Be scared for what you wish for it may come true (:

Hey all,

TD for 4.5 years, now working at EA BioWare on the dark side.

Light

Hey Light! Good to see you around here, it’s been way too long.

Yeah man, way too long. Looks like a good place to keep the distance short (:

Light

It’s funny actually Light, I’ve known you through cgtalk for so long, I just keep thinking of Brad Pitt pouting in a large helmet.:D:

That’s funny! I recognize most people here from their avatars.

So when I see an alpha channel of a cup on a plane, I know that it’s you (: That’s good though. That and our aliases are our handles in these virtual realms.

Light