Lead CG Artist
Do you find the idea of being part of a ground-breaking entertainment industry company exciting? Do you see yourself being a part of a team willing to go an extra mile to deliver world class art for The Future Group’s various projects? We are seeking a senior CG generalist with lead experience to join our Virtual team.
As part of the job you will work with a highly-dedicated team of designers and artists to create a wide variety of 3D content for use in Unreal Engine. In addition to technical leadership and mentoring the team, you will be responsible for building stunning environments and assets as well as fully assist creative productions.
The Artist we are looking for is passionate about creating stunning 3D art, as well as an ample creative drive that produces unique & original ideas. You have a collaborative approach and used to working in a fast-paced environment. Creating visually stunning experiences with exceptional quality and functionality is at the core of who we are.
Your main responsibilities:
- Technical Leadership and creative direction
- Creation of stunning visual environments and characters, leading and mentoring team to do the same
- Pipeline and workflow development, continuing evaluation and correction
- Establishment of production standards and pipelines
- Identification of technical challenges and forecast future requirements, implementation
- Minimum 10 years experience in AAA game, VFX or related industry
- Proven track record of high end projects
- Degree in visual arts, 3D or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive understanding of current developments in game and VFX industry
- Solid foundation in CG production workflows, including modelling, texturing, lookdev, rigging. Animation and FX simulation experience is appreciated
- Understanding of film related optics with strong artistic sense - knowledge of color, perspective, light, scale and composition
- Leadership skills with ability to mentor, guide and delegate to junior and intermediate artists
- Good knowledge of Python scripting and experience with Unreal Engine is a big plus
The Future Group can offer you the challenge and the opportunity of a lifetime. We are pioneers in a new industry, with technology and content that is truly on the edge of what is possible. Some days, we even press on to make the impossible possible. Exploring, learning and persistence is built into our every day. We can offer the fellowship of dynamic, driven people who are in search of a meaningful mountain to climb, and a workplace filled with other talented and engaged people who love what they do.
We invite you to join us!
This is a full time position, based in Oslo, Norway.
Application deadline: 29th October 2017
*Please include your online portfolio or samples of work. Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered.
Want to know more about The Future Group? Check out our website: www.futureuniverse.com