Could you be the next Head of Pipeline for Saddington Baynes?
Competitive Salary, Great Company Perks, Great People!
“Our mission is to create sensational imagery that moves people and inspires brand devotion. We know that these interactions make our client partners stand out - and grow - in highly competitive marketplaces”
Chris & James 2017
SB is an award-winning Creative Production Agency with an international reach that produces beautiful imagery and digital solutions for brands and advertising agencies.
We were the original pioneers of digital retouching in 1991, and one of the very first post-production studios to fully harness the potential of CGI and develop in-house capability. Today, we continue to innovate and stretch creative and technical boundaries, with fully integrated production that encompasses everything from CGI, Animation and Stills, to Shoot Production, Motion Capture and VFX with the added layer of neuroscience-backed emotional measurement & optimisation.
You will be developing and supporting SB’s production pipeline; keeping it efficient and up-to-date in response to new production challenges, and playing a key role in allowing our artists to be as creative and productive as possible, and deliver sensational imagery.
As head of the pipeline department, you will be accountable for designing and implementing our future production toolset whilst supporting the existing tools and workflows.
You will be liaising directly with Senior artists, CDs, Head of Production, project managers and the IT department to identify and address integral improvements to our workflow.
Duties & Responsibilities in this role:
- Accountability for defining and developing the overall strategy of the pipeline department to suit the business needs, with monthly progress reports to senior management.
- Lead task assignment, training and mentoring of the pipeline team during project delivery.
- Review outputs from development team and direct progress to achieve desired results.
Work closely (and build/ foster positive relationships internally) with Senior department leads/ heads to identify and deliver best practise pipeline solutions and ensure a smooth transition of work from one team to the next.
Develop the pipeline team skill sets, look at how we work and improve process in collaboration with Creative Directors and other Heads of Department.
- Help identify and recruit new members of the pipeline team when required.
- Actively promote and police the development of new technical solutions and use of tools to optimize standardise and improve our productivity and quality, best practice and process.
- Be alert to emerging and new technologies. Feed valuable insight back to the business about R&D potential strategies that could benefit SB.
- Work positively towards team motivation and cohesion. Manage your team/ line reports effectively to retain a talented, motivated, productive and effective team. This will require you to deliver feedback to your team via regular performance appraisals, manage underperformance and feed into/ deliver annual pay reviews that are in line with your departmental budget.
- Effectively represent your department at relevant regular meets and forums where a view from pipeline is required – weekly seniors meet, weekly production meets.
- Be hands on when required to drive best approach and setting up workflows and lead by example in terms of execution and expected productivity of your team.
Experience and Skills needed for this position:
R&D Leadership skills
Python experience is essential
C++, Maya Mel Scripting
Experience with systems work/linux
Adept within an agile environment
A very good learner to quickly settle in with visual effects
Maya Mel / Maya API experience
Dev- ops and web development
Team management experience
Be courageous. Take pride. Collaborate.
That’s all we ask of our people. Then we set them free to create some of the most impressive imagery in the industry. Our team of creative directors, artists and producers innovate on a daily basis, and constantly put their creativity on the line to come up with the right solution for our clients. Everyone at Saddington Baynes takes responsibility for the work they produce. This is how we behave…
We’re courageous - We take risks, innovate, try new things, push forward, and challenge preconceptions.
We take pride - We exceed expectati ons, deliver fantastic experiences, take responsibility, sweat the small stuff, check everything, embrace the detail, and think ahead to deliver the Saddington Baynes standard.
We collaborate - We are open with (and to) new ideas, share techniques, listen to feedback, guide and mentor each other. We are considerate, sympathetic, honest and courteous; we treat people with respect, and are generous with our time.