Archiact has retained FORWARD to find a passionate and experienced Technical Artist who is eager to play a pivotal role in defining the visual quality of Archiact’s flagship game – Evasion, an UE4 VR game for PC & console.
Archiact’s ideal candidate is a proactive problem solver who works towards visual quality targets while in the usual on-time, on-budget paradigm of a new IP. Candidates must have an avid interest in pushing the cutting edge of VR game development, and are continuously staying up-to-date on relevant technologies such as photo-realistic rendering, VR and AR platforms and technologies, real-time game engines and more.
You are enthusiastic, self-directed and collaborative, and adept at designing, implementing, and maintaining art pipelines and tools, visual effects and procedural art systems which are built upon sound production principles.
- Work with the Art and Engineering to identify optimization challenges, apply your expertise to problem-solve, and share techniques to overcome them.
- Work with team leads across disciplines to enhance gameplay, environments, VFX and cinematic elements.
- Ensure that assets integrate with minimal friction into the game engine, without sacrificing visual quality.
- Provide concise, constructive feedback and solutions when identifying recurring issues / needs, documenting recommendations to improve limitations or optimal use cases in pipeline and tools.
- Troubleshoot gameplay and architecture issues which might impact content creation and integration, and develop workflows to compensate for such limitations.
- Minimum 3 - 4 years of experience, and at least two successfully shipped products, as a Technical Artist at a games, VFX, or feature animation studio.
- Extensive understanding of Unreal Engine 4: Material Editor and Shader, Blueprints, Animation, Scene Building, Sequencer, Lighting.
- Sound knowledge of one or more 3D packages including modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging, animation, scripting and tool creation.
- Experience working with PS4 and/or Xbox One hardware
- C++, Mel, python, C#
- Rigging/IK setup experience
- Central downtown office at the Royal Centre, accessible via Burrard Skytrain Station in beautiful Vancouver.
- Unlimited access to all the popular VR headsets & games.
- Casual? Fancy? Up to you, dress comfortably for creative work.
- Archiact welcomes diverse candidates as an equal opportunity & LGBTQ+ friendly employer.
- Working on a passionate team, committed to creating the next generation of VR games.
Archiact was first founded in 2013, specializing in virtual reality gaming. Today, Archiact is known for delivering cinematic quality + using best-in-class technology for VR development.
Archiact is partnering with the very best at Intel, Epic/Unreal, Sony, Unity & Nvidia to deliver the next generation of VR gaming experiences for mobile, PC & Console VR. The recently announced Evasion, a AAA quality FPS has been hailed by VR critics as a potential “Borderlands for VR” and a “landmark FPS title” for 2018.”
Contact: caroline(at)theforward.co / chiara(at)theforward.co