Technical Artist Position: Job ID #7045
We're looking for a technical artist to help serve as a translator between art and engineering, working closely with the game studio artists and engineers to ensure that the player-facing vision for the game is achieved. Other duties include managing and improving the content creation pipeline, coaching game artists on asset implementation, and staying current on game industry tools and processes.
Essential Job Functions:
• Implement art assets in Unity.
• Identify and solve technical issues related to the art pipeline.
• Provide artists with technical feedback to ensure the creation of optimized assets.
• Document and evangelize best practices.
• Suggest (or create) tools and scripts to optimize Unity workflow.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Art, Related Field, or Equivalent Experience.
• 1-2 years of game development experience with Unity.
• Game Development experience within a studio environment a plus.
• Working knowledge of 2D and 3D graphics (After Effects and 3DsMax, or equivalent).
• Working knowledge of Unreal or equivalent game engines a plus.
• Familiar with versioning software i.e. Perforce (Preferred), CVS, Alien Brain or similar.
• Experience creating motion graphics or animations (must have samples).
• Experience working under tight deadlines.
• Familiar with particle systems (Unity or equivalent).
• Exposure to scripting languages such as C#, JS, MEL, or Python.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Photoshop, and After Effects.
• Working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel and Outlook.
• Familiarity with 3D Studio Max (3DSMAX) or other 3D software.
• Understanding of UI / UX principles across various platforms.
• Self-motivated and able to work on multiple projects with minimal direction.
• Experience playing video games, slot games.
• Ability to model and animate in 3D software (3DSMax, Maya, Modo).
• Experience with using real-time Shaders.